LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

agilent 4395a impedance analyzer

What made you decide to use that driver anyway instead of the LabVIEW one? Frankly, unless you have the source code and compile it yourself or can convince Agilent to recompile it, you are probably out of luck.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 46
(2,199 Views)

I couldnt understand. Actually the Code was developed in 32bit LV 8.6 it was working fine in 32 bit and 64 bit OS when opened with LV8.6. But now, it has been tried to integrate to LV 2012(32 bit)., it worked in 32bit OS (XP) but not in 64 bit OS (Win7). So, are you saying that, the driver is not supported for this anymore.? Can you pls give any links refering to that if possible.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 46
(2,153 Views)

@Goks wrote:

I couldnt understand. Actually the Code was developed in 32bit LV 8.6 it was working fine in 32 bit and 64 bit OS when opened with LV8.6. But now, it has been tried to integrate to LV 2012(32 bit)., it worked in 32bit OS (XP) but not in 64 bit OS (Win7). So, are you saying that, the driver is not supported for this anymore.? Can you pls give any links refering to that if possible.

Thanks

There is a fair possiblity that the old dll won't work with Win7.  This is a sticky situation, because even if Agilent has a driver that will work with Win7, it probably wouldn't work on WinXP.  As Dennis mentioned earleir, you may be out of luck.

I am loathe to use drivers that depend on dlls for any number of reasons.  It is quite literally my last resort.  I even prefer to write my own drivers if I can avoid using a dll.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 46
(2,126 Views)

Hi All,

I have AG4395a network anayser instrument, I downloaded the library hp4395a.llb from the forum, but all the subvi's showing broken arrows due to missing Dll's. Where can I get the drivers with Plug and Play Version? Some one please suggest me on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Mahantesh

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 46
(1,991 Views)
Just go to Help> Find Instrument Drivers.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 46
(1,984 Views)

I installed drivers for 4395a, but the functions whatever are there in pallettes are not so clear, like choosing N/W analyser, initialize, close, configuration functions are not there, and the functions which are there in pallettes are not so descriptive. Ex: 4395aGraph_na.vi has only one graph control in it.... choosing Spectrum analyser, Network Analyser or impedense analyser  etc......

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 46
(1,981 Views)

I Have downloaded hp4395a.llb file from forum, but hp4395_32.dll file is missing. Due to which all the functions are opening with broken arrow, please someone suggest me the source where I can get the dll file

Regards,

Mahantesh

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 46
(1,973 Views)

You get the dll from where it is linked to on the instrument driver network. Trying to use the dll is silly, in my opinion. If you don't know how to use LabVIEW, then you won't know how to use a dll. I will grant you that the driver is poorly written but the basic functionality should be there.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 46
(1,965 Views)

I Know how to use LabVIEW, here I am not using dll, I have installed the drivers, but if I drag and place any function from the pallette, the below mentioned dialog box is popping up, If I click OK for multiple times the function will load on the block diagram with broken arrow. Even after changing the location of dll also I am getting the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 46
(1,946 Views)

Please find the error.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 46
(1,942 Views)