LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advantech adam 5510 LabVIEW driver

Hello

We have an Advantech ADAM 5510 PC-based programmable controller and ADAM 5017H, 5051D, 5080, 5024 modules. We want to use it with LabVIEW. Where can we find LabVIEW drivers and examples for this controller?

Also we have NI CRIO 9023, where can we get example how to use it with LabVIEW?

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,568 Views)

Thank you very much.

Where can I find examples for use NI CRIO with LABVIEW ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,531 Views)

Hi Gerasimov,

I had the same problem as dist1988. 

Under your link, there are 5 sublinks. Which one will you choose ? I did chose the first link but after the installation and running, it said "ADSAPI32.dll" not found. So how do you tackle that ?

And in the link it said "Install Universal 32 bit driver first",  but there is no driver for ADAM 5510. Advantech only provide library functions.

Hoang Nguyen.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,469 Views)

Thanks Gerasimov for the link.

I maybe wrong but in the Advantech device manager, it supports only the ADAM 5000 series and not the ADAM 5510. I try to test the ADAM 5017, ADAM 5024 and it does not work at all. Do you know what is the problem with it ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,442 Views)

Hello Hoang,

Ideally you would be able to use the Labview drivers provided by Advantech, but they do not support Windows 7.

If you cannot get the Labview drivers working, you may want to check out our free modbus library.  According to the manual for the ADAM 5510 the device uses the modbus protocol to facilitate communication.

You can find the NI Modbus Library for LabVIEW here.

Hope this helps!

David A.

Message 8 of 9
(6,414 Views)

Hoang Nguyen.

Same problem, ADAM 4000 series works correctly, ADAM 5510E/TCP and modules 5017H and 5024 doesn't work with LABVIEW, I tried to write in Advantech support, but them said to try connect ADAM with modbus. I am not a programmist, I don't know C++ and other languges, I'm radiotechnics enginer.

If anyone can help, please, how make ADAM 5510 work with LABVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,390 Views)