LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advanced scan vi agilent used for continous measurement

I'm not familiar with that error and I don't have a manual now. It should be listed there. You could try placing a delay in the while loop to slow the acquisition down.
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 89
(869 Views)

ok..i will try calling agilent about the instrument error.

and i think because of this error, the channel is open juz for a few seconds and closing(i can see this on the instrument front panel). But the loop is continuing till we stop.

I will aslo try to include delay in the while loop as u said. and i will get back to u soon.

Thanks once again for ur valuable help and also for sparing your time

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 89
(861 Views)

Hi,

If i dont reset the instrument(using the boolean operation in the intialise vi) i am not getting the error:'DMM realy count data lost'. And I cant find in the front panel of the instrument that it is scanning. The channel is not being opened at all.

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 89
(849 Views)

Hi,

I ran the vi and its reading the values. But i am facing another problem... each time it scans the readings(current and time) are stored in a 2D array but the values are being replaced by the new ones. How can i store readings after each iteration?

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 89
(831 Views)
You can use any number of file write functions. Try Write to Speadsheet File if you want to save to text.
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 89
(823 Views)

i am tryin to create a graph out of the values with time( a signal) ....the values are being replaced in each interation of the while loop ...also the relative time is not being changed with each iteration.... can u help me with this...

i am attaching the vi here....

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 89
(816 Views)

I guess you are using labview 8.6 ..but did you face any problems that i faced like having error while running in actual run mode.?

By the way what  is the speed of the data you are reading?

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 89
(813 Views)
The vi you have attached does not seem to have any graphs?????may be you attahced the wrong file?
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 89
(812 Views)

hi,...im using labview 8.6...

i didnot attach any graphs...im tryin to create a graph from the readings (2d-array).... my vi is running fine.. the main problem is when the while loop is running... the dc current readings are being overwriiten the array...i mean....for the first iteration i have a value in the front panel readings array....for the next iteration the new value is being seen.....n so on...also the time is not being updated(relative time)....

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 89
(808 Views)

In order to write to a graph, you would have to first convert the data to numerics. In your case, you would probably be better off using a chart instead. Achart has history and a graph does not. In order to use a graph, you would need a shift register and a build array.

And, if my memory is correct, the relative time is not supposed to change. The relative time is between channels being scanned and you are scanning a single channel. 

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 89
(807 Views)