LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding images into array with different number of column and row

Solved!
Go to solution

I am bringing images from PC file into labview array..I can specify the number of columns, and get an array with the column size, but need to continue bringing images into the array until the row size is met.  My objective is to have images from folder be a 37 columns and 49 rows..Unfortunately the arrays stops (see VI)  before all images are brought into my array...How can I keep having these columns add pictures until all rows are filled (and all images are filed into the new array)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,369 Views)

Can you give an example of what you mean?  What values of Rows, Columns, and How many per column are you using? Where do you expect the images to go (What indexes in the array)?

You initialize the array to 34 rows and 49 columns but say you want 37 columns and 49 rows?

I suspect that part of the problem may be that the Replacement indexes may need to be dependent on the values of Rows and Columns.  You may be overwriting some values in the array.

Diagram Cleanup can be your friend.  You have wires running all over the place, left, right , up, down and behind objects.  This makes it very difficult to figure out what you are doing.

Lynn

Cleaned up.png

Message 2 of 5
(2,359 Views)

Lynn:

Thanks for your reply...the attached file shows my objective, i.e., bring images into an array to map what my camera has photographed.  I resize the images to fit into the array, but the way the column is called, it stops at 37; therefore, my array is a 37 x37.  I want the array to be a 37 x 49....so that all images are put into the array.

I am still working on the "for loop" at the bottom of my VI (from VI attachment) which would allow the images to appear without the array lines.

Any suggestions??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,326 Views)

As Lynn pointed out, I believe that you swapped the Row/Columns in your initialization.  Number of rows is the first value and number of columns is the second.

Otherwise, the number of itereation of the loop is defined by the number of files in the array that you are auto-indexing.  If you say that your application stops at 37x37, it might be because you only have 1369 images in the folder.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,314 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jacqui

Hi Lynn:

I changed my index to 49 x 49, giving my columns an input of 37...then all images show up.  Thanks for your help. Kudos to you...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,304 Views)