LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding a start button to my visa vi so I can build an executable

If you do not create an installer and have not previously installed visa and serial on the target computer then then they are not installed.  If you are building this for internal use you can install them from the ni website.  Search for ni visa and ni serial, CONFIRM THEY ARE THE RIGHT VERSION FOR YOUR .EXE. Otherwise you can create an installer from your project. Ive added a link to an NI tutorial for this. Section 5 covers installers.

Good luck

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/3303/en/#toc5

-Matt
Message 11 of 14
(826 Views)
Hi Matt,

I installed labview runtime and visa runtime on the target and still the exe would not detect com ports. I couldn't see a serial runtime but I did install ni serial in the target computer.

I tried to build an installer and for some reason it couldn't find the visa path and the installer build failed. The visa is located where the other labview files so I cannot understand why I am getting this error.

I feel at this stage it mite be easier for the end user to install an Eval version of labview and visa and then run my vi.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(823 Views)

If it is just for internal use, say a few people, they can install these on the target computer from ni.com.  You most likely need to install ni serial though.

Provided is a link to ni serial 15. I dont know your development environment, but you can read the compatibilties on this site as well.

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-serial-15.0/5573/en/

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(815 Views)

@lolasue wrote:
I tried to build an installer and for some reason it couldn't find the visa path and the installer build failed. The visa is located where the other labview files so I cannot understand why I am getting this error.

Do you still have the install disks you used to install LabVIEW and the drivers?  The app builder probably just needs to "cache" the VISA installer.  It can do that if you have the original disks still.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(810 Views)