From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add two .jpg files

i want to add two jpg files at a time so that they can create a single image with both views.

one of the jpg file is transparent with an obstacle  and other is of a railway track , I want to play such type of added images one by one so that it will look like a video

i am using IMAQ ADD function to add the jpg files but it is not fruitful coz it is showing a first image at first iteration and other in second iteration

plz suggest if u knw the solution

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,228 Views)

If both images are the same depth, size etc, use 'open jpeg' VI to open the file, this outputs a cluster. Unbundle the image data from the cluster, which is simply a 1d array of bytes decribing the image as a raster. You can then perform numeric and array operations on the array to change the image before rebuilding the JPEG

attached is a VI I wrote to scan through a series of images in a folder, deleting similar images, and retaining images with significant difference. I know your requirement is different, but it shows how image data can be handled with simple numeric operations.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,177 Views)

thanks JPP i will see this

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,160 Views)