From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add modbus i/o server doesn't work

I'm trying to add a Modbus i/o server to a project. I have LV 2010 with the DSC module.

I go into my projuect, to the appropriate library, right click ->New -> I/O Server -> Modbus.

At this point, I expect the Modbus server dialog box... instead, nothing happens. The library window flickers for a second, as if the focus is elsewhere, and then it just goes back to the library.

I will note that I can do this exact same thing through the NI Distributed System Manager (adding a process to localhost) and it works fine. But, I'd like to have these Modbus devices incorporated into my project. The help file indicates that this should work.

My main concern is coming up with a way that all the details of the modbus controllers can be saved so I don't have to recreate them manually if I have to migrate to a new host machine.

thanks for any help.

mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,056 Views)

Hey Mike,

Modbus support is installed by default with the DSC Module.  This is a really strange-sounding error you're seeing, and my first guess is that the DSC Module did not get installed properly.  You may go ahead and try repairing that module installation to see if that fixes the problem.  You can do this from Control Panel » Programs and Features » National Instruments Software » Uninstall/Change/Add/Remove » Repair.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,048 Views)