LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add hardware config to installer

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an application running on a number of PCs, when I installed the applications I did a manual install and did not create an installer.

Now I would like to create an installer and include the hardware config in the installer.

Unfortunately I nolonger have the hardware for the project in my PC as it is being used in the target PCs (I am not allowed to buy a set of hardware for my own PC).

I have a copy of an NI configuration export file (.nce) that I saved earlier, how do I include it in my installer.

If I go to hardware configuration in the installer properties, select "include hardware configuration from MAX" and select "configure" Labview allows me to export the current hardware config (which is wrong for the application as I am now working on a different project) but does not allow me to add a previously saved configuration. 

Is there anyway of doing this ?.

any help appreciated

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,895 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nick_H

Nick,

Export current MAX DAQmx configuration so you have a backup.  Import the .nce from target machine.  Create installer.  Import saved config for current project.

Message 2 of 10
(2,877 Views)
Thanks, that works - I thought I would need the correct harware installed.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,870 Views)

I have an application running on a cDAQ-9178. Then I  create an installer. which run the application in others pc without verifying the existence of hardware.

Now I would like to  include the hardware config in the installer.

How can i do that

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,121 Views)

It seems like the message marked as the solution above would give you the answer you are looking for.  You just need to recreate the installer to include that configuration.

How is your situation different?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,109 Views)

I included the hardware installers then I recreated the installer. But when i run my installer it executes without asking for hardware existence😔 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,090 Views)

You are confusing "hardware config" with "hardware presence".

Hardware existence is something you would have to write yourself.

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,082 Views)

So I am really really confused.

Can you give me some more explanation about this.. how to write it ??

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,078 Views)

You can use the system node to get a list of devices

Frozen_0-1581719023660.png

I am sure there are full examples in the examples folder. (I have not looked to see if there are)

Assuming the array is *not* empty, you can check if the device is present an not just cached.

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,074 Views)

I will try this one and see.

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,035 Views)