LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activex powerpoint - insert slide

Hi All,

I'm trying to insert images into a powerpoint presentation, I do have the Report Generation Toolkit but my company uses Powerpoint so I need to stick with that.

I have managed to use ActiveX to open up a template and insert and image. What I am having trouble is inserting a new slide to insert a new image. The attached image shows my block diagram. I don't know what the 'pCustomLayout' input requires? And ideas?

Cheers! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,750 Views)

Try the 'Add' method instead of 'AddSlide'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,736 Views)

Please post a vi not a picture.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,721 Views)

Hi Darin,

To be honest, I'm not very familiar with ActiveX (it's been a very trial and error sort of setup). I had a look for the Add method but couldn't find it? I've attached the VI if it helps? 

Cheers

Message 4 of 8
(4,697 Views)

@DavidT wrote:

Hi Darin,

To be honest, I'm not very familiar with ActiveX (it's been a very trial and error sort of setup). I had a look for the Add method but couldn't find it? I've attached the VI if it helps? 

Cheers

If you are going to insist on working with ActiveX, then you had better get yourself familiar with Microsoft's programmer reference.

Here is the specific page about adding a slide.  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff746586(v=office.14).aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff746842(v=office.14).aspx

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,670 Views)

You can use the custom layout of the first slide of the presentation. Also watch where you are closing the references, references opened in the for loop should be closed in the for loop.

Ben64

ScreenShot057.png

Message 6 of 8
(4,658 Views)

Brilliant! Many thanks and kudos! Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,655 Views)

This discussion was great. Very helpful. Here is what seems to work for me using LV 2016 and MS Office 2016. Pic and VI.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,725 Views)