LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activex non creatable

I am trying to using the SDK for the PNRF file reader ( http://www.hbm.com/en/menu/support/software-firmware-downloads/genesis-highspeed-daq/ ) with LabVIEW 2010 on a Windows XP machine.  When setting up an ActiveX reference, one of the SDK files ( percRecordingInterface.olb) will only show its various method when I click off the "Show Creatable Objects Only".   When I make use of any of the methods, I get the 3005 error "Automation Open: Object specified is not creatable in ...". 

I've gone through and tried several recommendations on this forum (some as far back as 2000):

- I've unregistered and registered percRecordingInterface.olb

- I've tried deleting and recreate an "Open Automation" with percRecordingInterface.olb

So now I'm stuck:

- What is "creatable" referring to? 

- What is LabVIEW not having access to that a VB or C# program (that is referencing percRecordingInterface.olb) does have access to?

- Is there any way around this issue or is this a LabVIEW constrait (or bug)?

Thank you for your help,

Ron

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,752 Views)

Ron,

I'm not very familiar with the PNRF file reader, but I can provide some information regarding the creatable objects in ActiveX.  Here is a KnowledgeBase article that describes what a creatable object is.  If an object is not-creatable, it is a dependent object and is just an interface.  The Automation Open function can only open creatable objects, which are implementations of the object.  You might need to contact the author of the SDK and to find what the object is dependent on.

Zach C.
Field Engineer
Greater Los Angeles

Message 2 of 5
(2,732 Views)

Thank you so very much, Zach.  I've been trying to work this out with the other company who, sadly, has no experience with LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,727 Views)

Hi Ron,

Did you have anymore questions for us at this time or are you still trying to work things out on the other end?

Thanks,

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,713 Views)

I'm awaiting a response from the other company.  But I think you've answer my question very well for the moment.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,701 Views)