LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activex - firefox and mozilla

i want to login automatically on a webside

1. is it possible to use a firefox or a mozilla browser window on my frontpanel (via an activex container?)
2. how can i access the components

thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(8,032 Views)
I dont believe mozilla firefox has an activex component. Its cross platform, and not written on microsoft technology. You can however use IE as an activex. The calls are fairly straightforward once you get the containter setup on the front panel.

I personally would rather use firefox everywhere, but i dont think it will fit this application 🙂
Message 2 of 17
(8,017 Views)
Here is the link to the download page for the Mozilla ActiveX Plugin page.  It uses a lot of the similar features as used in IE.  I have not downloaded it yet (I will in the near future) so I cannot tell you how to use it yet.

I will try to get to it in the next couple of days, but if you have success with it please post back with your results.

Thanks

Kenny
Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(8,004 Views)
That plugin seems to allow activex controls to be displayed INSIDE the mozilla browser, rather than allowing the browser to be an activex itself.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(7,995 Views)

Hi muehlbacher,

a colleague found something very interesting for you, and I implemented a little VI that loads mozilla in the frontpanel.

Get the Mozilla ActiveX-Control here and install it: http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/control.htm

Get this VI: http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niepd_web_display.display_epd4?p_guid=B123AE0CBB96111EE034080020E74861&p_... (Building a Simple Web Browser Using ActiveX) and just replace the IE-ActiveX to "MozillaBrowser Class" and you can use mozilla to browse.

If and how the mozilla ActiveX is able to access components in a loaded website, that I don't know. So you have to search through the API or contact the developers.

Have fun with Mozilla!

Best Regards

~~~ Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence ~~~
Message 5 of 17
(7,971 Views)
hi Andreas Pistek
thank you very much
is it possible to save the vi in labview 7.1

thanks
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(7,948 Views)
Hello,
if you just want to download a certain webpage to parse the content without any user- interface maybe the program "wget.exe" can help.

It is amazing, how simple it is to use such powerful components through ActiveX. But there is one thin I found. If you have a proxy to go to the internet, the IE- control uses the Internet-Settings from the system-panel. But Mozilla doesn't and I didn't find the property to pass the IP- address.
What can I do?

Dave

Message Edited by daveTW on 05-03-2006 05:58 PM

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(7,916 Views)
Where is MOZILLACONTROLLiB located?

Message Edited by rashid19672008 on 05-08-2008 09:38 PM

Message Edited by rashid19672008 on 05-08-2008 09:39 PM
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(7,431 Views)
Did you install the ActiveX control that was provided in the link? If so, the control should be in the "C:\Program Files\Mozilla ActiveX Control v1.7.12" directory. When you right-click on the front panel object and select "Insert ActiveX Object", you can select it this way:

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 05-08-2008 12:25 PM
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(7,406 Views)
Thanks smercurio…! Its working now.

Have a very pleasant weekend!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(7,389 Views)