From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activex controls seem to freeze display of real timedata

To give some background,i have a liquid dispensing system mounted on an xy stage and being imaged by a camera. the dispensed liquid is also measured using a weighing module in real time. The XY stage doest not have direct drivers for labview and so i have to operate it through active x commands. this is the first time i am using active x.

When i run the vi I ideally i should see the webcame image and the change in weight continuosly. However both of these freeze the moment the activex controls are activated and the stage begins to move. The stage is supposed to move to different positions and only when it gets to those positions the webcam image and the weight graph get updated. Once the activex is stopped at the end of movement ( vi is still active) i start getting continous data on front panel for wecam and weight.

I hope I have explained my problem clearly. I want the front panel to show continous accquistion and not freeze everytime the xy stage moves. I might be programming it incorrectly so I have attached the vi. i am using labiew 2009.

Thanks for your help in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,275 Views)

Hi

All those sequence frames do exactly what they have to do, sequence all calls, so when you do something with movement, the others vi's are not doing anything.

Parallelize your software

Make in the same vi two while loops above each other, one for moving one for video getting in

greetings from the Netherlands
Message 2 of 2
(2,242 Views)