LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

active x to search cells

I am trying to use active x to search a column of cells in an excel spreadsheet to see if a value is already in the spreadsheet. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chirs

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 36
(2,848 Views)

A search can usually turn up results. Did you try?

search

Message 2 of 36
(2,832 Views)

I tried a search but don't think i put in the correct search terms. Thanks for your help

chirs

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 36
(2,830 Views)

chirs73 wrote:

I tried a search but don't think i put in the correct search terms.

That's always the hardest part. Smiley Wink  Sometimes I wish search engines could read our minds rather than read what we type. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 36
(2,821 Views)

I have looked through everything up here and I found most of my answer. The one thing I need to do and I don't see it here is If the value I'm searching for is found I need to have a message popup and let the user know that there is a problem. Is there something I have overlooked?

Chirs

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 36
(2,807 Views)
The result of the search should return a cell or range reference if I remember correctly. If this reference is null then the find did not return anything.If you're still having problem just post your code and we can look at it.
Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 11-05-2008 03:26 PM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 36
(2,799 Views)

Have a look here at this thread were I posted some VI's that should do what you want. Look for replace.llb

For more information and some sample VI's and tool kits, you can go to the excel board

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 36
(2,795 Views)

Are there any books that explain all of the possible coding that can be done with Active X?

Chirs

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 36
(2,751 Views)
I'm assuming you're referring to using ActiveX with Excel specifically, as using ActiveX is a fairly broad topic. Excel's ActiveX interface is fully documented in MSDN. There are also lots of sites with example VBA code to automate Excel. Here's one. Here's another.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 36
(2,749 Views)

I have this approximately 98% completed. The only thing I can't find is how to increment the cell that I am searching. I want to start my search in cell A5, retrieve the data in that cell. On the next iteration I need cell A6 to be read. Anybody ever have this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chirs

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 36
(2,737 Views)