From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acquisition FPGA

hello !

i've got some problems to understand how to acquire a signal properly, i've got a FPGA 7951R and a module NI5731. I generate a  500 Khz  sinewave with a fonction  waveform generator, and i plug it into the Analogic input 0 of my module 5731. And i would like to see it into a graph on my FPGA ( see picture attached). i understand that the numbers on the Y axe is the number of samples i got, but still don't understand how to manage the timing loop and the number of sample of my graph ( Y axe ) to get the proper waveform at 500 Khz.

Any help ? thx Smiley Happy

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,486 Views)

Try using a timed loop rather than a while loop on your FPGA diagram. You are not generating samples at a regular internval inside of a while loop, but inside of a single cycle timed loop you will. See the 'High-Performance Programming With the Single-Cycle Timed Loop' section that starts on page 15 of the High-Performance FPGA Developer's Guide for an in depth explanation.

The NI LabVIEW High-Performance FPGA Developer's Guide

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/14600/en/

Message 2 of 6
(2,464 Views)

it's not really better, but for axample, see attached, i acquire a 5Khz signal, and if i put 200us into the count module and if i put 300 samples ( Y axe of the graph) i've got 1 periode but i would like to know if what i see is a 5khz signal or not 😕  i'm trying to find an example of acquiring a signal with the NI5731 module but i don't find any Smiley Sad any help ?

thx

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,435 Views)

@jeanT wrote:

i'm trying to find an example of acquiring a signal with the NI5731 module but i don't find any Smiley Sad any help ?

There is a getting started example for the 5731 in the example finder. Go to Help>>Find Examples to open the example finder, from there you will want to navigate to Hardware Input and Output>>FlexRIO>>IO Modules>>573x>>5731 and then open the getting started example. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,402 Views)

hello David,

I know that, but the problem is that i don't have this one ( see attached):smileysurprised:

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,387 Views)

If you are missing the examples for the IO Modules then you will want to install FlexRIO Adapter Module Support. You can find it by going to ni.com/downloads and doing a search for FlexRIO. Here is a link to the most recent version (4.1) that you can use if you are using LV 2012 or 2013.

NI FlexRIO Adapter Module Support 4.1

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-flexrio-adapter-module-support-4.1/4657/en/

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,372 Views)