LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acquiring multiple voltage and current sine waveforms, and log them along with the respective time stamp in a file.

I am doing a data acquisition project using a 16 channel N.I. series 6020E card where I want to capture respective current and voltage sinusoidal signals. I am planning on capturing four pairs of matching current and voltage signals. I planned on taking one reading across the channels every fifteen minutes. This reading will need to be 60 data points per period or 3600 readings per second per channel in order for me to recreate the sine signal to determine the phase angle difference between the voltage and current. I was able to get one channel to capture a signal but could not get more than one working at a time. I am also trying to sycronize the data col
lection so all samples are with respect to each other. Thanks for any help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,212 Views)
Hi Cappy,

Could you post this question to the Hardware > Counter/Timer or Hardware > Multifunction I/O forums? I think you will get more responses there. Here is a link.

The hardware is usually a better differentiation since software can support such a huge range of functionality.

The data rates you are talking about sound reasonable. Are you using the USB or the AT interface?

One other thing to be aware of is that the samples taken will not be simultaneous due to the multiplexed nature of the MIO board measurements. However if you know the channel clock rate(output from one of the VI's), then you can calculate the t
ime difference between each measurement and correct your phase measurements by that amount.

If you have more questions, please post this to the other forum and copy all of our discussion to let everyone know what we have talked about already.

Best Regards,

John Nieri
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,212 Views)