LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acquiring USB signal from power analyzer

I have a 6510e power analyzer that I would like to read in Labview. I have connected an RS232 cable from the back of it, through an RS232/USB adapter into a USB port in my laptop. I am having a hard time finding a way to read that USB data in Labview to manipulate it to get the power readings. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

-Tony

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,011 Views)

you probably could use the dll of your device to do so.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,010 Views)

@Tsquared80 wrote:

I have a 6510e power analyzer that I would like to read in Labview. I have connected an RS232 cable from the back of it, through an RS232/USB adapter into a USB port in my laptop. I am having a hard time finding a way to read that USB data in Labview to manipulate it to get the power readings. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

-Tony

You have not provided the vendor's name, the programming manual, or the code you have been trying.

Test the commands in the manual with a terminal emulation program such as Hyperterminal, TerraTerm, etc. and then try them with one of serial example programs that come with LabVIEW. Post back with specific problems and include any error codes you get.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,007 Views)

I have set up the VISA to read the device, so now I just need to insert the appropriate commands in Labview to read the signal and do any necessary filtering/modification.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,003 Views)