From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acquire with a single task different signal types

Hello,

I am still here and continue to have problems.

How is it possible to acquire currents and voltages simultaneouusly using a single task?

I am usingNIcDAQ 9174 and NI9207 and a  producer consumer scheme.

During the configuration of the DAQ assistent , I create a task where the ch 0, 1 and 2 are Voltages and the channels 8 and 9 are currents. When I run the daq ( after its creation) it works but when I run the VI and I receive the error message " Error -200072 occurred at DAQmx Create Channel (AI-Current-Basic).vi:3.  What I am wrong? Can I use a single task for different signals or do I need to create two tasks, one for the currents and the other for the voltages? I attach my VI.

Thanks for the help.

matomato

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,948 Views)
It sounds like you are getting the error because the task already defines the channels "During the configuration of the DAQ assistent , I create a task where the ch 0, 1 and 2 are Voltages and the channels 8 and 9 are currents." You do not need to create the channels or add them to the task if you've defined them in the task.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,945 Views)