cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acquire sound waveform 2 channels

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello guys!!

I would like to plot the waveform from a sound of my sound card (using the microphone).  Well, with the "acquire sound" icon from the Express menu I could make it.  But I have a trouble when I want to store as a binary data.  If a set the "acquire sound" icon in 1 channel, I have not problem to store and plot then, but when I set the "acquire sound" icon in 2 channels, I can to plot the binary data.  I attach a picture with the vi

Can someone help me please?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,135 Views)
How are you running your VI? Are you using the 'Run Continuously' button?
Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,124 Views)

No,  I am just running my vi with "run" button

by the way, I am a phisicyst from the Universidad de Santiago de Chile (USACH)

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,116 Views)

I wouldnt recommend the Express VI.

You just need to do something like this:

Sound Read.PNG

Only the Read needs to be in a loop.

Remember to put a wait in the loop.

The data output is an array of waveforms, so you can write to a file if you want.

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,115 Views)

nomade42k wrote:

by the way, I am a phisicyst from the Universidad de Santiago de Chile (USACH)

Thats cool! MSU's physics department collaborates with some physicists in Chile with the SOAR telescope

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,112 Views)
Sorry, but it is not the problem.  I only have been using the "acquire sound" cause I need to simulate severals channel and then can to store in a unique binary file with two columns.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,100 Views)

Are you having a hard time with the graphing or the writing to a file?

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,097 Views)

I think you should modify the "Sound Input Read VI" as shown in the picture. Remember to save it some place else than the vi.lib dir

sample.PNG

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,090 Views)
Sorry guys, maybe I made the wrong question.  I just used the "acquire sound" to simulate several signals.

What do you think about this solution???
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,058 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nomade42k

nomade42k wrote:
Sorry guys, maybe I made the wrong question.  I just used the "acquire sound" to simulate several signals.

What do you think about this solution???

Very close to ending up here

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=BreakPoint&thread.id=2634&view=by_date_descending&pag...

try to understand this

Do NOT use Express VIs. Using Express VIs is like peeing in your pants a cold winter day. You may get warmer for a few minutes. But after that it will be very cold. 

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,055 Views)