From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acquire, analyze and data log using statemachine technique

Solved!
Go to solution

I am learning state machine technique to develop code for data acquisitoin and logging. I think I have written the correct code for this purpose but I couldn't get the following done:

All warning values(>0) should be displayed on 1d array on front panel. The code is writing only the first value.

All values should be logged using write to spreadsheet pallete and be written on excel sheet. Code is only writing first value.

I wonder what's the mistake. The code I've created is attached, I'd appreciate if anyone correct the code and post in reply.

Many thanks in advance for help

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,190 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kwaris

Hi kwaris,

"what's the mistake": Well, you use a lot of unneccessary conversions. Really a lot of...

Why do you convert a scalar to dynamic, then convert to array, then index an element of the array? Why do you convert to dynamic when all you needis a simple "build array" node?

Ok, I included a shift register to store your array. It's only a simple "how to", but not the best solution for all cases. But it should give you a hint...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 2
(2,175 Views)