LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acquire a signal with two differents rates

Hello

I would like to acquire a signal with two differents rates and record those two signals into two differents TDMS File. But I don t know how can I do to acquire a signal with 2 differents rates ( for example 1 with 5KHz and the other with 25kHz, in the same time )

Can you help me?

Thank you

Romaric GIBERT

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24
(2,755 Views)

Acquire both at 25 kHz and decimate the one set of data so that you only use 1 out of every 5 elements in the array.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24
(2,750 Views)

Do you have an example please?

Thank you

Romaric GIBERT

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(2,748 Views)

But with this solution I can t choose my rate too, and I would like to choose the rate if it s possible

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(2,747 Views)

What do you mean you can't choose your rate? The sample rate is always selectable.

The question of different sample rates with the same hardware has been asked numerous times. The majority of NI's DAQ cards use a card with a mux and a single scan clock so obviously you can't select different sample rates. Some cards have individual A/Ds for each channel. You did not provide the essential information of the actual DAQ card you are using,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(2,740 Views)

ok thank you, my card is a PXI 6115, is it possible to acquiere differents rate with this card?

thank you

Romaric GIBERT

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(2,735 Views)

I believe you can. Read the manual yourself.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(2,732 Views)

So if I can how can I do to program with LABVIEW two differents rates? thank you very much

Romaric GIBERT

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(2,729 Views)

One task for each channel and a DAQmx Timing function for each task. A DAQ Assistant for each would be the same thing.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(2,727 Views)

OK but I have only 1 channel and I would like to record this channel with two differents rate in the same time. I haven t multiple channel, just one.

Thank you very much

Romaric GIBERT

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(2,723 Views)