From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access/format cRIO in Linux? Cannot access 9035 at all

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Steffen,

Here's a KB relating to the same error that you are seeing

'Installation Failed' Error When Reinstalling Software on Linux RT Target in MAX

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P7oxSAC - Give the steps in this KB a try, and let me know if this causes any change in behavior you are seeing

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(536 Views)

this error happened in front of the NI guy and then again, when I installed the software the 2nd time

Solution

1. Run the script in the target located at /usr/local/bin/updateNIDrivers
  2. Alternatively, consult the manual of your device and reboot it into safe mode
  3. Reformat/Uninstall software on the target, before attempting to reinstall software

how reassuring, I just bought a AUD 6000 piece of equipment with a supposedly very safe operating system and cannot even install its drivers? Its been sent back to NI in Sydney, as the guy from NI assumed, there is a problem with the unit. But alas, its not a bug, its a feature. I will need DAQ on this one, as later on there will be a bunch of temperature sensors installed. Then again, they will go onto a cRIO 9144 and the cRIO 9035 will get some drivers to talk to the 9144. So maybe the DAQ software has to sit on the 9144? The 9035 will just have a NI 9871, a NI 9870 and a profibus module.

Alos interesting, the NI guy did not know about this feature. Then again, apparently NI has only 5 people in Australia. Since in Australia real estate is the biggest employer. Manufacturing is 6.5% of GDP, falling by 0.5% per annum.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(530 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steffen01

turns out we got sent a cRIO 9035 (sync) which needs LV2016 upward. No surprise there are troubles with LV 2015 SP1

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(522 Views)

Steffen01,

That makes a lot of sense, did not think about whether or not you got sent the cRIO that you were expecting. Please mark your latest post as a solution so others that come to this thread can see this as the solution!

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(517 Views)

seems only 9039 and 9035 are available in (sync) as well. No idea what thats for, seems you need something external to sync them from a quick read. I take it, there is no patch so they could work in LV 2015 SP1

logged in as one person, post came in as another person. Very interesting.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(513 Views)