From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acces library class version number from run-time

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to obtain programmatically (at runtime) the version number of the class corresponding to an object . This info is available as a property of a LVClassLibrary member of the current project in the development environment only.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,759 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PierreCottin

Hi, Pierre,

The only way (which is working for me) is something like that:

Andrey.

Message Edited by Andrey Dmitriev on 03-05-2009 10:37 AM
Message 2 of 5
(2,743 Views)

Thanks Andrey! It's a good idea. I was not aware of the xml structure of the lvclass.

Pierre Cottin

INO

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,728 Views)

Your solution works for accessing the "Labview class" version number.  What about to access a custom mad Labview class version number?  I have a class that I created inside my project and I want to do an about page in my application that will contain the version of the executable (which I know how to get) and the version of the labview custom made class.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,616 Views)

If this is a class that you created inside a project, Labview probably does not think of it as a "class" and probably does not keep track of a version number for this custom class. Is the version number something that you assign it yourself?

What is the form of this class that you made? How is it represented on disk? 

Misha
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,595 Views)