From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about nitaglv.dll

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a project which I build into an application(.exe).  When building an .exe file I choose one VI as a startup VI, and two VI's and three sv-libraries as Always Included. I choose Support Directory to be a folder which is in the same path with exe-file. Now when I build an application, there are those three sv-libraries and nitagvl.dll in same folder(support directory). Next I use the exe-file to make an installer. Then I install the application. Application does not work properly. Connecting target device is not a problem, but disconnecting it or exiting the application crashes application.

But if I move the nitaglv.dll after installation from that subfolder(support directory) to same path with exe-file, it works fine. I compared this new project to older project, and older version works when that nitaglv-file is in that support directory. Old project was made with Labview 8.5, and this new project were made with 8.5.1.

In some point I had lv 8.6 installed on my computer, but I removed it and installed 8.5.1. Is there some possibility that my nitaglv-file is wrong? Moving that file is not a big deal, but I would like to have an installer which works without having to move files. I'm also afraid of other errors that might occur.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/170/394011/1/Clipboard01.jpg  there is a very similar error window, except that the path refers directly to installed exe.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks allready!

Mika

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,506 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KevMi
Problem solved. I used msiblast to unistall all NI software and then reinstalled software. Now installer works fine.
Message 2 of 2
(2,478 Views)