LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about image processing

Hi there,

I am looking for a way to render an image in pseudocolor image like that plotted by pcolor in matlab. But in labview 2013 I installed, I only see the Graph toolbox to plot the 2D graph. Is there any way I could plot that image (in ASCII format). Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,561 Views)

Hi PKIM,

what is an "image in ASCII format"?

Anyway you could use IntensityGraphs to show images in pseudocolor…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,522 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi PKIM,

Sorry for the confusing. Some camera will save the image with each pixel stored as an ASCII code. Or in other case, the each pixel (inlcuding info for R, G, B) could be stored as a number separated with a delimiter. In matlab, we use dlmread to  read the file.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,512 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi PKIM,

By the way, I just try IntensityGraphs and it does show me some graph but the color map is plain. How can I change the color map so to show different color scales? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,499 Views)

Hi PKIM,

to change the colors (aka z axis) of the IntensityGraph you use property nodes of the graph…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,490 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi PKIM,

to change the colors (aka z axis) of the IntensityGraph you use property nodes of the graph…

I try to change the scale on the z axis but that's only change the brightness or the color. I am looking for a way to change the interploate color mapping. As default, it make the maximum value close to white and the minimum value close to black. But how can I make it arbritary color mapping like make the maximum one red and the minimum value black?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,477 Views)

Hello PKIM,

I believe this KnowledgeBase article has the information you're looking for:

KnowledgeBase 386GKQGP: How Can I Change the Color on an Intensity Graph or Chart?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1ADFF221E27F5B5886256E6F007C7B58

A little searching can get you pretty far!

Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,468 Views)