LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about flat sequence and time elapse

Solved!
Go to solution
My purpose is to make the second frame working after 1 second. I used two different method in the first and second attachment. The first was run well while the second one fails. I can't see why the difference exist. All I did is to justify whether the time elapse is greater than 1.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,489 Views)

What do you mean "the second one fails". It correctly indicates that 1 second has elapsed.

Using a flat sequence structure here is just silly. It does absolutely nothing that the wire between the first and second loop already does. Also, very bad idea to write code where you have to click on the Abort button in order to stop.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,482 Views)
The numerical indicator should turn from 0 to 1, but when I simulate that the numerical indicator does not change
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,476 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shuishen1983
It does turn to 1. On the other hand, I would strongly recomend that you stay away from dyanamic data. As you can see, it's coerced to both a numeric and Boolean. The result of a Greater function should be a Boolean and that would be something you could not wire directly to a numeric. You can connect dynamic data to anything and result of that, I believe, can be somewhat unpredictable.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,469 Views)

An Express VI for a greater than operation???  Come on NI. Smiley Mad  What the hell are you thinking?  The only Express VI worth keeping is the Elapsed TIme function.

Which would you rather use:

GT.png

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,446 Views)