From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about change the size of the panel and centerlize the window

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there,

I have a simple subvi, it has a string indicator embeded into the panel. I have the string fit to the pane. I am going to change the size of the panel to width 240 and height 24 then centerlize the panel. I found some code in the forum. If I don't put the string there, the code works perfect. But after putting the string, it will run into error.

a.png

And I call the subvi FP.vi in a main vi (main.vi).  The error is

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error 1 occurred at Property Node (arg 1) in FP.vi->main

Possible reasons(s):

LabVIEW:  An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @.

Property Name: Front Panel Window:Panel Bounds

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any suggestion why this error?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,607 Views)
Solution
Accepted by PKIM

I don't see a reference to the FP subVI in your image.  You need to have a VI reference going into the FP.PanelBounds Property Node.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,599 Views)

@lh845 wrote:

I don't see a reference to the FP subVI in your image.  You need to have a VI reference going into the FP.PanelBounds Property Node.

Left unwired the property node uses "This VI" as a default value.

!1.png

That works OK

Do you have a minimum size set in the vi properties?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,593 Views)

Yes, I thought he was trying to call a subVI reference, though.

Anyway, I played around with the same VI's and I get the same error message if I try to use the same coordinates, but when I increased the bottom coordinate to a value of 26 then I don't get the error.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,586 Views)

Here is a snippet that worked for me.

.FP Open.png

Message 5 of 10
(3,584 Views)

@lh845 wrote:

Here is a snippet that worked for me.

.FP Open.png

Yes there is a minimum height for string indicators you violated that

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,578 Views)

@lh845 wrote:

I put everything in the subvi and I call the subvi in other code. I wonder if that subvi refer to itself automatically

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,561 Views)

@PKIM wrote:

@lh845 wrote:

I put everything in the subvi and I call the subvi in other code. I wonder if that subvi refer to itself automatically

I just test that without the "This VI" it doesn't work. Thanks for your pointing out.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,552 Views)

@lh845 wrote:

Yes, I thought he was trying to call a subVI reference, though.

Anyway, I played around with the same VI's and I get the same error message if I try to use the same coordinates, but when I increased the bottom coordinate to a value of 26 then I don't get the error.  

Thanks for pointing that out. I just want to know how to figure out 26 is the minimum coordinate I should use other tha something else. Instead of hardcoding that, anywhere I can refer to so to get the minimum? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,550 Views)

Min size is a property of many controls.  it changes.  for instance, with a silver style string control its 37 pixels high with the default font size. ( it Makes sense, that it shows 1 line of text clearly)  

By scaling to pane- the string min size is forced into the min pane size of the 1 pane panel (FP) so setting the height lower than the control could show 1 line of text clearly yielded an error. 

Or, in other words, the error explaination could have been clearer when it was first implemented.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,545 Views)