LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about VISA write value

I want to write a freuquency value into VISA write buffer. but the integer part and fractional part should be written in different registers.

1.png

this is what I've done:
2.png

but the array cannot connect with the VISA string. How can I change the configure? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,705 Views)

you should write to each register one by one.

VISA write does not accept clusters.

Message 2 of 7
(2,701 Views)

@cantata2014 wrote:

but the array cannot connect with the VISA string. How can I change the configure? Thanks!

That is not an Array, but a cluster that you are sending to VISA Write.

Message 3 of 7
(2,668 Views)

I think what you really want is Concatinate Strings.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 7
(2,661 Views)

but after combining them by using concatenate string, the string becomes 64bits, isn't it?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,607 Views)

No, it just becomes a longer string. The number of bits is only a factor for a number that is being expressed as a single binary value. You are creating two commands that each consume 4 bytes. Concatenating them will produce a single string 8 bytes long.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 6 of 7
(2,591 Views)

Just a fair warning.  A lot of instruments do not like to recieve commands back-to-back like this.  You may need to use two VISA Writes (one for each command) with a small delay in between to allow the device to process each one.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 7 of 7
(2,568 Views)