From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ability of synchronous or asynchronous modulation( in MODULATION TOOLKIT)

i just want to ask that is modulation toolkit has ability to do synchronous modulation or asynchronous modulation or it can do both of these detections. i have a problem when demodulating a signal without having a DAQ card analog channel between modulation and demodulation, i get BER=0. but when i put my DAQ card analog channel inbetween, i get BER=1. i am using keithley kusb 3116 DAQ card.

nauman
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,690 Views)

anyone plz help.....

nauman
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,679 Views)

What version of Modulation Toolkit are you using?

Modulation Toolkit doesn't seem to support third party DAQ hardware. The list of supported hardware is available here:

http://download.ni.com/support/softlib//RF/NI%20MT/4.3.1/NIMODTLV431readme.htm#supportedhardware

Nathan S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,673 Views)

sir i can't get you, Modulation toolkit doesn't seem to work with third party hardware or r u sure about it.

as far as i have seen modulation toolkit is compatible with daqmx, and i am using lv-link 3. which offers vi's which are exactly replaceble by daqmx vi's. till now i have been able to send different waveforms i.e sinuside and square waveform via daq cards, from one pc to the other and i have been able to get exactly same constellation diagrame via passing through the daq card too. i am using 2011 labview and 4.3.3 version of modulation toolkit. plz direct me to the field where i should look into to get my problem straight.

regards

nauman
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,665 Views)

Hello,

The Modulation Toolkit (MT) is only supported with the listed devices in the readme provided in the previous post. You are correct, that some of the VI's can be used with MultifunctionDAQ Devices. The data that come from most of the MT VI's are generally waveform clusters. If you are using 3rd party hardware it would be on you to figure out how you would interface your device with MT. As there aren't any documentation for the MT interfacing with 3rd party hardware.

Best Regards,

Jignesh P

Applications Engineer

Best Regards,
Jignesh Patel
Principal RF Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,652 Views)