LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a driver for the PM 5191

Our lab would like to use the Labview 7.1 to control the Programmable synthesize / function generator (0.1 mHz-2 MHz, PHILIPS: PM 5191). Please tell me how can I find a driver for the PM 5191.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,483 Views)

The closest one I could find on the ni site was for the 5192.

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=1377

Have a look at it and you may be able to modify it to suit your needs.  Otherwise, have you checked on the Fluke website?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,475 Views)

After a (quick) search of both Philips & Fluke websites, it's amazing how BAD their support is for that products.  But it appears that the 5191, 5192 and 5193 are of the same family, so the link in my previous post should provide a driver that would be useful.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,473 Views)

@Ray.R wrote:

After a (quick) search of both Philips & Fluke websites, it's amazing how BAD their support is for that products.  But it appears that the 5191, 5192 and 5193 are of the same family, so the link in my previous post should provide a driver that would be useful.

Probably the link will provide a good starting point but you should take some precautions.  Despit being billed a a VISA Plug-n-Play Project style driver the drive is a llb that appears to have some very old roots.  Font problems galore that I recall were common in 5.1 - 6.i(?) conversions and outdated VISA session handleing.  A few Ctrl+A, Crtl+1 keystrokes will fix up the fonts with minimal pain.   It does not appear to have full functionality either.  The version conversion board could be useful to get it back to LabVIEW7.1.  Then follow the manual to add functions you need that may not be supported.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,464 Views)

I would just write my own and base how they are done on those drivers..

But of course, they first need to be down converted to LV7.1 😞

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,462 Views)

Thank you very much for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,448 Views)