From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom in on Block Diagram

How do I zoom in on a small area of the block diagram?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 84
(23,254 Views)

Unfortunately, the answer is, a magnifying glass.

NI has yet to implement a zoom function.

Sorry.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
Message 2 of 84
(23,232 Views)

Are you referring to a sub-vi? (A square with graphics or text within it with wires running to it). Double click on it to open it up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 3 of 84
(23,226 Views)
OpenG used to have a "Bird's Eye View Utility" to do this. Have no idea if it works with the latest version of LabVIEW or whether there's a newer version.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 84
(23,201 Views)

If I remeber correctly, Birds Eye View was replaced by the naviagtion window which lets you "Zoom out".

Decrease your screen resolution is an option.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 84
(23,195 Views)

As mentioned, LV does not yet have the option of zooming in, only zooming out (I don't remember for sure, but I don't think BEW could zoom in either, although that can be changed), but as Ed mentioned, you can use a magnifying glass.

Ed may have used this as a joke, but at least in Windows this is relatively simple - you need to open the magnifier (Start>>Programs>>Accessories>>Accessibility) and change its size and zoom level to fit what you want. Note that it can take up a significant portion of you screen.

(23,176 Views)

But uing a magnifier in the window doesn't help you to selct objects and manipulate wires.

Message 7 of 84
(18,861 Views)

2 years later I'll just add that this is a deal breaker for me.  The block diagram symbols are too small for my old eyes.  Changing the screen resolution isn't an option.  I'm only using evaluation version right now to analyze Labview code we inherited from a closed down branch of the company.  I'm leaning to rescripting the program in C# and dumping Labview, less headaches from eye strain.

Message 8 of 84
(13,906 Views)

@canyonbreeze wrote:

2 years later I'll just add that this is a deal breaker for me.  The block diagram symbols are too small for my old eyes.  Changing the screen resolution isn't an option.  I'm only using evaluation version right now to analyze Labview code we inherited from a closed down branch of the company.  I'm leaning to rescripting the program in C# and dumping Labview, less headaches from eye strain.If 

If it's just a size-of-icons issue and not a bad-code issue, there must be a windows zoom utility out there you could use. I'm not sure if there is one, but I'll make the assumption someone has done it.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 84
(13,902 Views)

@canyonbreeze wrote:

2 years later I'll just add that this is a deal breaker for me.  The block diagram symbols are too small for my old eyes.  Changing the screen resolution isn't an option.  I'm only using evaluation version right now to analyze Labview code we inherited from a closed down branch of the company.  I'm leaning to rescripting the program in C# and dumping Labview, less headaches from eye strain.If 

If it's just a size-of-icons issue and not a bad-code issue, there must be a windows zoom utility out there you could use. I'm not sure if there is one, but I'll make the assumption someone has done it.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 84
(13,902 Views)