From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Factor won't work with PicRing??

So a while back I asked if there was a way to be able to zoom in/out of a picture on the Front Panel. I was given the reply to use Zoom Factor and a user here even supplied me with a useful VI. And I've been working with this VI. It works well, but now I want to be able to do the same thing but with a PicRing instead of just a picture. But... when I connect the PicRing where the New Picture was connected, I get an error message:

You have connected two terminals of different types. The type of the source is picture. The type of the sink is unsigned word [16-bit integer]

....And I keep getting that error message no matter what I do. I'll keep trying but I was wondering if you guys have any ideas?

Review the attached pics for what I'm talking about.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,640 Views)

attach your actual VI! (use Explorer or Chrome if Firefox does not work)

By the way: why should it work??? A picture ring is not a picture control! Why do you expect that you can connect them with a wire???

edit: After some search on the forum, and looking at the property node options for a Picture Ring, it looks like, you can NOT dynamically change zoom factor of a picture inside of a Picture Ring!

But why do you need to use a Picture Ring? You could dynamically load any picture you want at runtime, and zoom in/out. So do not use picture ring if you want to change zoom factor...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,619 Views)

You can also consider using array of pictures, have a look at this example:

Zoom_feature_2D_picture_array_BD.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,585 Views)