LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Factor won't work with PicRing??

So a while back I asked if there was a way to be able to zoom in/out of a picture on the Front Panel. I was given the reply to use Zoom Factor and a user here even supplied me with a useful VI. And I've been working with this VI. It works well, but now I want to be able to do the same thing but with a PicRing instead of just a picture. But... when I connect the PicRing where the New Picture was connected, I get an error message:

You have connected two terminals of different types. The type of the source is picture. The type of the sink is unsigned word [16-bit integer]

....And I keep getting that error message no matter what I do. I'll keep trying but I was wondering if you guys have any ideas?

Review the attached pics for what I'm talking about.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,645 Views)

attach your actual VI! (use Explorer or Chrome if Firefox does not work)

By the way: why should it work??? A picture ring is not a picture control! Why do you expect that you can connect them with a wire???

edit: After some search on the forum, and looking at the property node options for a Picture Ring, it looks like, you can NOT dynamically change zoom factor of a picture inside of a Picture Ring!

But why do you need to use a Picture Ring? You could dynamically load any picture you want at runtime, and zoom in/out. So do not use picture ring if you want to change zoom factor...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,624 Views)

You can also consider using array of pictures, have a look at this example:

Zoom_feature_2D_picture_array_BD.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,590 Views)