From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip. Labveiw and Matlab in Parallel

Sorry, I misread your question. (I thought you were using some external java based library in both envorinments.).

I don't know what LabVIEW uses internally, and the NI folder contains licenses for sharpzip, bzip and infozip.  Maybe somebody fom NI could shed more light.

Do you see the same problem if you just run two instances of the LabVIEW zip in parallel?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(840 Views)

I'm confused (my usual state) -- you marked your own post (which, as far as I can see, has no "solution") as the Solution, yet you are still raising issues and asking for help.  If this question is not solved, then you should remove the "Solution" designation (I'm guessing that if you can set it, you can "unset" it, but if not, you can "Ask a Moderator" to unset it).

When you do get a Solution, particularly if it is one that explains the issue for future Forum readers, mark that as the Solution.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(828 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

I'm confused (my usual state) -- you marked your own post (which, as far as I can see, has no "solution") as the Solution, yet you are still raising issues and asking for help.  If this question is not solved, then you should remove the "Solution" designation (I'm guessing that if you can set it, you can "unset" it,

Bob Schor

Per your request

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(824 Views)

i just ran 2 separate labview zips (exe's) in parallel. they ran as one would expect, i.e. simutaneously, without interference or delays.

>Do you see the same problem if you just run two instances of the LabVIEW zip in parallel?

So answer to that question is: No.

I will see if the problem re-occurs when one of the labview apps is replaced with a matlab executable.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(807 Views)

i just ran zip apps (exe's) simutaneously, one Labview and one matlab. they accessed 2 files in one folder on a single disc.

both apps ran as expected, i.e. simutaneously and without delays.

This is the performance that i am looking for and is suitable for my use.

To summarize my simple tests, (a)  Labview apps can run zip in parallel and (b) Labview and matlab can run zip apps in parellel....  performance is as one would anticpate.

what i experienced initially was *bezare* and something that i had never seen before... so i supposed it was some sort of system thing associated with the two app using a common resource while zipping. apparently it was something else.

because the simple zip apps opearate as intended, i am satisfied that there is *not* a problem with zip modules interacting between the two development packages. yea!

Message 15 of 15
(801 Views)