From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zaber stage connection

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to talk to 2 zaber stages.  I have tried several of the premade examples provided when the stages were purchased and they aren't working, this is the raster scan VI attached and the pdf has a screenshot of my set up info.  I also tried testing it using a simple VI I made that homes the stages and moves them to a specific coordinate (stage test.vi). With this one the stages home correctly but then they never move to the coodinate even though no errors come up.  The stages have a light that comes on when the associated stage is moving and they don't come on when the VI gets to the move function, the program sits at the function for a while and then just moves on to the next.

Any help figuring out how to connect to them properly is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(845 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mhg_v

I believe the issues is that you are using '011' and '012' instead of '01 1' and '01 2' to identify the axes. The space between the first two digits (the device number) and the next one (the axis number) is required. You have this on the Home VIs, which is why those work. 

On the move example, note that you can not move a negative relative distance after homing. Generally homing moves you to the negative limit of travel, so a negative move would be outside the range.

Message 2 of 4
(784 Views)

It looks like the issue is that you are using '011' and '012' for the axis inputs rather than '01 1' and '01 2'. The space is needed between the numbers to make the device and axis distinct inputs. The home VIs have this space, which is why they are working.

Message 3 of 4
(826 Views)

Oh my gosh, thank you! Those are the kinds of errors that i find super hard to track down.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(771 Views)