From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zaber rotatory device

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I need to program the zaber T-RSW60A to do a 360 degree orientation through labveiw .

I can get it do move to a paticular degree but to do the same thing repeatedly is what am having difficulty with.I want to increment the angle automatically after certain amount of timeout.

any suggestions to code this appropriately are welcomed.

Ayesha

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,139 Views)

Hi All,

I need to program the zaber T-RSW60A to do a 360 degree orientation through labveiw .

I can get it do move to a paticular degree but to do the same thing repeatedly is what am having difficulty with.I want to increment the angle automatically after certain amount of timeout.

any suggestions to code this appropriately are welcomed.

Ayesha

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,138 Views)

Hi Ayesha,

do the same thing repeatedly is what am having difficulty with.I want to increment the angle automatically after certain amount of timeout.

- To do things "repeatedly" you should use a loop.

- To wait a "certain amount of time" you use a Wait function in the loop.

- To increment a value you need to keep the previous value. To do so you should use shift registers!

This is all very basic LabVIEW stuff…

(Edit: no need to create double posts!)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,136 Views)

Hi Gerd,

Thank you for your suggestion..

I have attached my vi..which does the rotation for the degrees specified and stops the loop

but after each rotation i want to increment the angle in steps of 45 automatically  and finally stop the vi after it completes 360degress.do i have to   incorporated another loop with the shift registers.. even if i do that how does the angle gets incremented.

Please advise necessary changes in the vi

Ayesha

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,128 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ayesha.S

Hi Ayesha,

I've attached an example where you can input the device number, the size of the step you'd like to make, and the number of milliseconds you'd like to wait each time. It will then step through 360 degrees when you run. This example uses the Zaber T Series  Instrument Driver. 

Hopefully this example is helpful. You can also contact me at mike@zaber.com for additonal Zaber specific support.

Message 5 of 6
(3,124 Views)

Hi Zabercs

Thank you soo much!!!

Very helpful...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,119 Views)