LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZMQ Publish to Public IP

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I use the example ZMQ pub-sub. But in the example, I only can send the data to the local IP. I want to publish the data to specific public IP, like tcp://192.168.xx.xx:5555

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(605 Views)

First, 192.168.x.x is not a public IP address. It is a private address. You should never see this address on the Internet. It will only appear on a local network. Secondly, the TCP privatives in LabVIEW have no problem communicating with any valid IP address. If you are not able to communicate with it this is a network setup issue, not a LabVIEW issue. Common issues would be that you are not on the same subnet and you do not have a route to that address. A firewall could be blocking the traffic. You will need to work with your IT group to determine what the root cause is.

From your PC, can you ping the address? Ping may not always work as it could be disabled on the network or the device. However, it is a good first step. You could also try running tracert (tracert <IP Address>) and see if you have a route to that network. Check the firewall settings on your PC and verify that you are allowed to connect to that address range and port.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(575 Views)