LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your NI software is now available for download

Some days ago, I received an e-mail from NI with this heading.

The e-mail explaines that I would no more receive the software on DVDs as I have been used to.

I have to download my software over the net.

And when I click on the link for Downloading Software,

I do NOT end up on a page where I simply can click on a button to download

LabVIEW 2017 SP and drivers. Oh, no, I end up in the normal

download site, that also includes 100 000 other softwares and version from NI.

Hopelessly frustrating. And what do I get if I do a search here for LabVIEW 2017 SP1 ?

Hundreds of patches and links. How can I download the content of the normal DVDs I am used to ?

It scares me that a company I pay this much money for software

are able to create this sort of lousy service to make the software difficult available for me.

Am I the only one ? Am I missing something here ?

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,192 Views)

Yes, things are sometimes a bit hard to find. I usually download the web-based platform installer. A small program that allows you to select all desired products which then will be downloaded and installed. The interface is similar to what you get when you insert a DVD.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,175 Views)

SSP Members can contact NI to request that physical media be shipped as shown toward the bottom of the email.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,147 Views)

Hmm,  I got the same email and it takes me to a very friendly page. 

Perhaps there's an issue with geographical location, it tries to redirect to some more local proxy that isn't setup correctly?

lvdown.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,143 Views)

Also note that you only need media/download when installing on a new computer. Existing installations can be kept current with the NI update service. Here you don't even need to bother with product selection. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,138 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Also note that you only need media/download when installing on a new computer. Existing installations can be kept current with the NI update service. Here you don't even need to bother with product selection. 🙂

I've run NI Update Service on several computers here and SP1 doesn't show up on any of them.

bip.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,134 Views)

Yes, the update service is typically delayed by a few weeks. Still typically a reasonable choice unless you urgently need a specific bug fix. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,130 Views)

Thank you for your feedback.  In some cases our email messages direct you to www.ni.com/downloads.  On this page we provide a diverse array of products and can understand how difficult it can be to find specific information for your product.  If you are directed here, we would encourage you to search for your product.  In other email messages we direct you to exactly what you need.  In your case (for LabVIEW 2017 SP and drivers) it would direct you here: http://www.ni.com/download/labview-development-system-2017/6679/en/.  By downloading the most recent release of our software you will get all of the patches and updates needed.  As other community members have mentioned, using Update Service is also an option for most of our software and installs directly onto your computer with our software. 

NI is regularly working to update the experience of obtaining our software via download and appreciate your comments and input.  If you would like to provide additional feedback regarding your experience please contact me at john.wilsonmay@ni.com.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,089 Views)