LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yokogawa wt3000 over LAN with tmctl.dll - no communication

Hey Guys and Girls,

I'm trying to get LabVIEW 2017 SP1 64-bit version working with a WT3000 power analyzer over LAN. However, I'm able to connect but not to receive data from the WT3000 with LabVIEW.

The setup

The WT3000 is connected to a router and my laptop is also connected to that router. My laptop system os is Windows 10 64 bit Home edition

What works so far

- Pinging the device works

- Connecting to the device, reading and controlling the device over internet works with the WTViewerFree software from Yokogawa

- Connecting to the device with LabVIEW works (creating VISA using MAX)

What does not work

I have posted two videos on Youtube showing my two test VI's (see attachment) and the data results.

In the IDN? test video the timeout is triggered in the Receive VI and only \80 is received (I expect to receive: YOKOGAWA,76030).

In the Switch Remote control test video I try to trigger the remote control to ON and OFF. I would expect the remote LED on the device to be triggered ON and OFF, however it does not happen. With the WTViewerFree software I was able to trigger the LED, so the LED works 😉

I followed all the steps in this NI forum post. It helped me a lot with setting up the device in MAX, however I'm now stuck on the actual communication.

Anyone has a suggestion to solve this issue?

Best regards,

Michael ten Den

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,628 Views)

Hi,

Why are you using TMC vi's and not the driver VI from the NI site ??

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,610 Views)

Hey Kees,

Good question.

I have started with the LabVIEW drivers, however I did not get it working.

I got a timeout in reading the VISA buffer when in the Query instrument ID check of the initialize VI (see attachment)

Then after reading the forum discussions in the other post, I gave the tmctl.dll lib a try, however did not succeeded either.

I see my screenshot is different then yours, so do I have outdated VI's or do I have an update?

Your screenshot: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Yokogawa-wt3000-over-LAN-tmctl-dll/m-p/1905827/highlight/true#M6401...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,599 Views)

Yes, the post you are referring to is from 2012. But I looked at the 2018 vi from the driver site (NI) this morning and I think the initialize vi is not changed. So if you have the correct visa connection in MAX this vi should work. 

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,594 Views)

Thanks for the reply Kees,

I got the WT3000 again at my disposal.

Going to setup the VISA connection again in MAX and retry the initialize VI of the NI driver.

I will bring an update if I succeeded or failed.

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,580 Views)

I got it working with TMCTL.dll from Yokogawa, but not with NI VISA and the NI libs.

I tried NI VISA settings again and the socket opens successful, however I'm not able to send and receive any command successful. Since I made some mistakes with username and password in the TMCTL lib, I think this might be the issue here too. That I don't have the permission to access data due to login issues.

How do you deal with the username and password? I tried sending "USERanonymous\n" and "USER\sanonymous\n", but that didn't work. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,561 Views)

If you set it back to the default it should work. User is 'anonymous' and no password.

Using the user name and password should also work. But without a EOL character. This already set to LF in the initialize VI.

I don't have the instrument at this moment.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,544 Views)