LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yokogawa WT230 error

I have a Yokogawa WT230 three element power meter. I downloaded the NI driver (YKWT200 Application Example1.vi). When I run this VI, I get the correct values for voltage, current, and power in the output array. However, the power meter displays "Error 813" while the VI is running. According to the Yokogawa manual, this error means "Invalid Operation". When I step through this program, I notice that the error only occurs when I step over "VISA write" within the "YKWT200 Config Mode.vi" "YKWT200 Config Voltage Range.vi" and "YKWT200 Config Current Range.vi" subVI's. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,425 Views)

ChrisI,

Suggest you post your vi.  I use this library a lot and I've never seen this error message.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,417 Views)

Hello,

I have since resolved my original issue. I obtained a program from another person at my laboratory and was able to make it work for me. My objective is to measure the energy consumption of an appliance in watt-hours. The VI that I obtained from a co-worker allows me to send me the appropriate commands to obtain the voltage, current, power, and energy. My issue is with another VI.

In order to obtain a correct value for watt-hours, I find that I have to send certain integration commands so that I can reset the integration and then start the integration over again at the beginning of a test. I created a VI that sends the following commands: ":INTEGRATE:STOP" ":INTEGRATE:RESET" ":INTEGRATE:START". I have attached it to this post. My intention was to stop any integration that was already going, reset it to zero, and then start again at the beginning of a test.

The yokogawa displays an "error 844" whenever "VISA Write" sends the stop command. The yokogawa displays an "error 846" whenever "VISA Write" sends the start command. The Yokogawa manual states that these are integration errors, but does not give any more information. Ater running the reset VI, I run the VI that I use to collect the energy data. The data that I get seems reasonable. These are commands straight from the yokogawa manual. Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,395 Views)

Look at page 15-14 of the WT230 manual for a detailed description of the integration errors.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,390 Views)