LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yokogawa UP55A controller Help needed

Please find the attachment, I am using UP55A for temperature monitoring & Controlling on cooldown I want temperature should be fall by 20C/minute. Presently it's falling by the rate of 10C/minute.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,859 Views)

Dear All,

Please find the attachment.

I am using Yokogawa UP55A for temperature controlling, On giving the input value of Set Value(SV), Minute (MM) and Second(SS). The process Value(PV) or (TC.a)  after reaching the desire  temperature of input SetValue(SV) for example of 600Degree temperature should be fall down by 20Degree per minute. On rising I got the desire value but on fall down its not falling by the rate of 20degree per minute. Anyone can help me in solving this problem. Thanks in Advance.

If there is any problem in understanding please let me know I will draw and attach the picture what I wanted to do.

Regards,

Taufeey

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,833 Views)

Hi Taufeey,

what about implementing some better cooling on your DUT?

When you need to cool faster, then you need a more powerful cooling system…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,826 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thanks for your reply but the cooling from the external chiller is not an issue, the core problem is that when I am trying to save the data, its only provides the 10values in one minute i want 20 values decay in one minute for ex: 100 to 80.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,822 Views)

Hi Taufeey,

the core problem is that when I am trying to save the data, its only provides the 10values in one minute i want 20 values decay in one minute for ex: 100 to 80.

So you get your data at a slower sample rate when chilling compared to heating phase?

Even though you use the very same "Acquisition" state in your state machine?

Or does the chilling process only offer low cooling power and so the temperature values decrease too slow? Then you need to apply more cooling power…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,819 Views)

Dear GredW,

From external chiller is possible but I wanted to achieve it throw labview programming, can you help me in this regards.

Regards,

Taufeey

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,810 Views)

Hi Taufeey,

but I wanted to achieve it throw labview programming, can you help me in this regards.

What exactly do you want to achieve? You didn't answer my questions…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,807 Views)

So you get your data at a slower sample rate when chilling compared to heating phase?

Yes, i get it on slower rate, wanted to achieve it by 20degree decrement per minute but not by external chiller, throw programming i wanted to achieve it.

Regards,

Tufail 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,804 Views)

Hi Taufeey,

Yes, i get it on slower rate, wanted to achieve it by 20degree decrement per minute but not by external chiller, throw programming i wanted to achieve it.

I still don't get it!

You mix "sample rate" with "cooling rate": how do they related to each other?

Why should the "sample rate" change depending on the operation mode of your heater/cooler device?

How do you want to achieve a higher cooling rate simply by changing something in your LabVIEW VI? What does the manual of your cooler device tell about possible cooling rates (and how to set them)?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,800 Views)

Hi TaufeeyTonello,

I've got a few different questions and comments:

1. Unfortunately, only the main VI is attached, so I am missing most of the subVIs involved in this program. Did you download this from a vendor or was this developed in house?

2. Where do you set the SV/MM/SS inputs? The control panel is blank and I cannot find the corresponding values in the block diagram.

3. Is the undesired behavior appearing in hardware? Can you determine if this LabVIEW program is sending the proper commands to your device?

If this was released by Yokogawa, I would try to get in touch with them. This code looks like it is simply writing commands to the device. It would be good to narrow the problem down to either a) what LabVIEW is sending to the hardware, or b) how the hardware is responding. For both of these questions, Yokogawa (if they are the authors of this code) would be the best source of information.

Kevin S.
Technical Support Engineering
National Instruments
Message 10 of 13
(2,789 Views)