From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Y Controls Version 1 - Ready for Guinea Pigs

@Intaris wrote:

That chm for me looks empty. I see the index, but it shows nothing where the actual documents should be.....

You have to unblock it first (right click in Explorer).

Downloads are always blocked by Windows, so it won't show the embedded HTML.

Message 11 of 21
(656 Views)

Hi Intaris,

right-click the CHM to see it's file properties. Then Windows will warn you about "file downloaded from internet" and you need to set it as "safe file"…

The CHM is also included in Paul's ZIP files!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 12 of 21
(656 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@Intaris wrote:

That chm for me looks empty. I see the index, but it shows nothing where the actual documents should be.....

You have to unblock it first (right click in Explorer).

Downloads are always blocked by Windows, so it won't show the embedded HTML.

Well whaddya know. That worked.

It asked me when I opened the chm file, I said OK, but it still didn't show. Once I unblocked it, it works fine. At the risk of outing myself as completely ignorant (once again) - since when does this Properties -> "unblock" stuff exist?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(652 Views)

Hi Intaris,

since Vista atleast…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(650 Views)

IIRC, This also happens when you download dlls. Nasty, as LabVIEW error messages won't guide you to the problem... 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(647 Views)

How on earth did I use windows in the last X years and NOT come across this even once before?

Sheesh.

Anyway, thanks guys. Learned something today.

Message 16 of 21
(644 Views)

There were some missing dependencies in the source zip.  I also renamed a library to make name collisions less likely.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(616 Views)

Is anyone else running into bugs?  This one is driving me nuts:  If the owning VI is a member of a library, and the library is open, then the event handler usually doesn't launch.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(584 Views)

Here's another one: If the owning VI is set to run when opened, it will start running before the Y Control finishes initializing.  (I might have to do some major surgery to resolve this.)

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(576 Views)

Quite a few changes: Cleanup, bug fixes, and kludges to workaround a bug in LV 2018 and earlier (but the installer is smart enough not to include the kludges when installed with LV 2019 +).

If you've made any Y Controls with the prev version, you'll need to remake them.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(554 Views)