From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcontrol in LVOOP class?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has successfully added an xcontrol to an LVOOP class.

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,443 Views)

Only if the XControl does not use ANY of the class VIs.  Otherwise the XControl will lock all of the VIs of the class.

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,432 Views)

Unfortunately, LAVA is down right now; but there was an interesting discussion there.

You should be able to see most of the discussion by doing a google search on "Are XControls In or Out? - LAVA" and viewing the cached version...

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,424 Views)

Intaris wrote:

Only if the XControl does not use ANY of the class VIs.  Otherwise the XControl will lock all of the VIs of the class.

Shane.

Ouch!

That would maen that if I had  VI open with the XControl I could not edit my class. What a pain taht would be.

Why would I want to do that?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,417 Views)

Well, the problem with two-way locking aside.....

It would allow easier debugging like being actually able to SEE what is passed into class VIs instead of a generic "lvclass" icon.

IIRC, it's a feature which is marked for possible future release (but not any time soon).

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,414 Views)