cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY graph with missing dates

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello community,

I'm struggling making an XY graph with some data missed. In this example, there isn't data from Nov 19th. I was wondering if there is an easier way to generate the correct graph instead that said in this post:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/To-find-the-missing-date-in-a-month/m-p/507357#M241845

Thank you

vicens_0-1606298928528.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(970 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vicens

Hi vicens,

@vicens wrote:

I'm struggling making an XY graph with some data missed. In this example, there isn't data from Nov 19th. I was wondering if there is an easier way to generate the correct graph instead that said in this post:

How much easier do you want that?

When you look for "missing" data, then you can search for that in two ways:

• "step by step": go through your (ordered list of) elements and detect missing elements
  • "check them all" by comparing with a list containing all expected elements

The linked thread uses the 2nd method, but you can also implement the first one!

I prefer to "hide" missing elements by using an Y value of "NaN" instead of "zero"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 3
(967 Views)

Thank you GerdW,

I thought using Y values with a date format the T-axis of the graph would autoadjust automaticaly. It looks like I was wrong.

So, as you suggest me, I will follow the "step-by-step" procedure, filling the missing elements and adding the NaN value.

Best regards

vicens

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(948 Views)