LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY-graph relative time markers disappear when not enough space

In an XY-graph, when x-scale is set to relative time and the data contains times large enough for scale markers to not fit, all markers except min and max are gone. If the scale is set to absolute time or anything else, then the number of scale markers are adapted nicely to the available space on the x-scale.

Relative time is bugged:

xy-scale relative time.gif

Absolute time works:

xy-scale absolutetime.gif

I feels like I must have solved this before, but cannot find anything about it. I cannot figure out a solution that doesn't require setting arbitrary scale markers and trying to calculate how many I can fit (checking scale width, calculating width of each marker text using Get text rect.vi, ...).

Anyone has a better solution?

(LV2019, but I am sure I have seen this since forever)

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 1 of 3
(2,343 Views)

Hi Thols,

Thanks for flagging this up!

This is a bug that's been reported a few times so we've got this documented internally.

However, since this is a cosmetic bug, we're currently investing our R&D resources into some other critical issues. 

In the mean-time, the recommended workaround is to use an absolute time scale. Or, as you mentioned, you could also set arbitrary scale markers.

Thanks!

Ellin A.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,155 Views)

Thanks, and good to know, Ellin.

I found that what I did earlier was to use a numeric format for the time-scale instead and just use one of either hours, minutes or seconds, and change the scale label accordingly, e.g. "Relative Time (h)". That requires recalculating the presented X-values though.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,147 Views)