LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY graph or waveformchart with time stamp on x axis

Hi:

I am trying to use a waveform chart or an xy graph to plot the Power (y axis) vs the time stamp (x axis), the time stamp is created by the data from excel,  my problem is that when I run the VI appears only one point in the two graphs, it change its value every loop but it stay on the same position, I want that the data generates a curve with the time stamp for every value of the Power.

I had tried with property nodes but it did not work. I attached my VI and one excel example.

Best regards.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(4,862 Views)

can you 'save as' your vi into LV 8 it will help me to understand your vi, otherwise give the image of oyur block diagram

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(4,830 Views)

Hi, I cannot save the file on a previous version, but I attached some images from my VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(4,818 Views)

the image get cut . from where you are getting the power values , i mean from the same excel sheet or from some array. for concept varification i make . it has two arrays created from for loops. see the imagespower vs time graph.JPG

power vs time graph 1.JPG

it plots all the values power against time

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(4,804 Views)

I proved that solution, in fact, it was my first option and it didn't work, after that , I used property nodes but I get the same results that I obtain with the VI in the first message.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(4,796 Views)

Hi again:

the other problem is that Time stamp is in the format HH:MM:SS.000  DD/MM/YYYY, it is not possible changed it to dynamic data. at least I could not find how to change it. The program indicates me an error , the Time stamp is 1D array time stamp and the input to dynamic data is 1D array floating point.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(4,791 Views)

can you know the time difference between each time stamp is it same or variable. if it is same then you take that difference and use the buld waveform utility, the starting time stamp will be the first time stamp. see the pics , i have two options one by making waveform the other one is prev one

power time graph.JPG

power time graph. frontJPG.JPG

Message 7 of 21
(4,777 Views)

Hi:

I actually prove your solution, but it does not work, mi vi is doing the same.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(4,750 Views)
Show what you have done. Your excel file does not have timestamps and you can simply use a waveform graph to display the entire file. No need for an xy graph since the data is uniformly sampled. User the build waveform and calculate the dt. Is the first column in ms? The dt of the build waveform function expects seconds.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(4,741 Views)

can you share image of your display result so that we can understand the problem better.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(4,721 Views)