From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY graph axis bug? LV 8.2, Win XP

okay, I'll specify a font for the axes, maybe that will prevent the bug from happening. It's hard to test, seems to show up randomly.

I'd hate to have to use a fixed with font (like Courier)...looks pretty terrible.

As for unchecking "autoadjust scales", I'm trying to avoid going that route. If I have say, 5 scales and I programmatically hide and show them, if I uncheck "auto adjust scales" won't I have to programmatically also adjust the scale location everytime I hide or show a scale? You're right though, if I use a fixed with font, it would make the scale location easier to keep track of.

That said, even if there's a workaround, what's the CAR number or issue number for this bug?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(367 Views)

ahotrod2 wrote:

I'd hate to have to use a fixed with font (like Courier)...looks pretty terrible.

I meant a (nearly) fixed with format, not font. For example %.2e does not dramatically change the number of characters as a function of the value.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(361 Views)

I have pretty much this same problem with a LV 8.51 XY graph on Win7 X64 (development machine) and WinXP (target machine). As I make visible and make invisible the y-scale on either the right or the left, the plot area seems to migrate (more like extend) to the left or right with each cycle. It looks like this is a pretty old thread (and bug), and here it is in 2015. Since I can't expect a patch for my LV 8.51 installation, I'm not expecting a fix. But has anyone found a decent work around? I mean, I'd even take a fairly complicated one as long as the y-scale behavior is normalized. Knowing it's a bug though changes my perspective on how to proceed. Thanks in advance for any advice. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(327 Views)