LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY graph axis bug? LV 8.2, Win XP

I'm having a major problem with showing and hiding extra Y axes on an XY graph. The attached doc shows a couple of screen shots that show what's going on. My VI programatically shows or hides the extra right hand axes and it also adjusts the plot size depending on whether there is one or two right hand axes. Sometimes it works OK, but when the graph autoscales to fit new data it goes haywire as shown when an axis is added or hidden. The only way I've found to fix it after this is to swap axis sides and then swap it back to the right. I've also included the VI that illustrates the problem. LV 8.0.1 used to automatically take care of resizing the plot area when axes were added, but I heard that was changed that in 8.2. I think a bug was also introduced. It used to be really handy the old way - too bad it changed for the worse. George
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,401 Views)
Sorry I can't offer a solution but I can confirm this strangeness as far back as 7.0 for
sure and 6.1 for maybe.  I had heard that this was fixed in 8.x; thank you for correcting
that!

We eventually gave up on programatically hiding/showing axes and just show them all
at all times.

Matt
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,393 Views)

Well it was fixed in 8.0.1 - worked beautifully. Now it's worthless.

George

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,385 Views)
Same old story to fix. 😄

RIght-click on the graph and select "advanced...reset scale layout". Now swap the two colored scales back on the other side. Looks and runs OK now, see attached (8.20).

(btw: I would not set all these propertied at each iteration with the same values, that's expensive. Only write them when the graph type changes) 😉

Message Edited by altenbach on 10-12-2006 05:48 PM

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,369 Views)

How do I do the "advanced...reset scale layout" programatically? I don't see anything like that in the properties or methods. Seems like that fix only works when the VI is stopped.

George

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,349 Views)
I don't think you can do it programmatically, however in my experience it seems to fix it permanently (...or at least until you introduce a new corruption during editing).
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,335 Views)

I did essentially the same thing before by manually swapping sides and then swapping them back. The fix is definitely not permanent.

George

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,332 Views)
Well, "essentially the same thing" might not be "exactly the same thing". 😉  (I think "reset scale layout" does more than just swapping the scales back).

I agree that this is a longstanding, annoying bug that should get fixed.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,328 Views)

I realize this is an old thread, but I'm still struggling with this bug. (see the screenshot).

I realize that I can fix the issue by choosing "Reset Scale layout" but It's not possible to do that in LV2010 programmatically.

Every time I use my code on a new computer, the scales get all corrupted again...my code programmatically makes different scales visible or not visible, and from time to time, a scale gets superimposed on another.

Does anyone have any tips on how to avoid this issue? Is there a CAR associated with this?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,764 Views)

Something to try: Specify a defined font for the axes. (If you don't define the font, it will depend on the OS and desktop theme setting. If the font changes, the layout will change.)

Also try to use a fixed width format and uncheck "autoadjust scales".

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,760 Views)