LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY Graph

How can i create history? I have voltage (y) and current (x) to plot real time.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(286 Views)

I can attach here this vi, it is similar. With the same plot architecture here it works! I really don't understand the error

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(281 Views)

Key points:

• Charts update with new points each time you write to them, and "automatically" store history. They cannot be used (at least without fairly tedious workarounds) with variable dt.
  • Graphs update with an entirely new plot each time you write to them. As a result, you must use methods like the Shift Registers you already have to store the history.
  • XY-Graphs accept a number of different inputs. The "Detailed Help" is copied below (open context help, hover over an indicator on the Block Diagram, choose the detailed help link at the bottom of the context help (Ctrl+H)).

Displaying a Single Plot on XY Graphs

The XY graph accepts three data types for single-plot XY graphs. The XY graph accepts a cluster that contains an x array and a y array.

The XY graph also accepts an array of points, where a point is a cluster that contains an x value and a y value. The XY graph also accepts an array of complex data, in which the real part is plotted on the x-axis and the imaginary part is plotted on the y-axis.

Displaying Multiple Plots on XY Graphs

The XY graph accepts three data types for displaying multiple plots. The XY graph accepts an array of plots, where a plot is a cluster that contains an x array and a y array.

The XY graph also accepts an array of clusters of plots, where a plot is an array of points. A point is a cluster that contains an x value and a y value. The XY graph also accepts an array of clusters of plots, where a plot is an array of complex data, in which the real part is plotted on the x-axis and the imaginary part is plotted on the y-axis.

These options can result in a series of unbundle, build array and bundle operations if you want multiple plots on one graph.

The complex array options seem to be quite favoured by altenbach, and I really have to remember to use them more, because they're very convenient...

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(274 Views)