LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY Graph y axis range flips when y range max is changed

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an XY graph whose Y range up/down sense changes when the Y max is changed and the previous Y max becomes the Y min.  I'd like to lock the Y min at 0.  How do I do this?  Thanks

Range Problem.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,039 Views)

Hi Ted,

@Ted_Jackson2112 wrote:

I'd like to lock the Y min at 0.  How do I do this? 

Set YMin to zero!

The question is: how/when do you change YMax right now? Why does YMin change when you edit YMax?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,020 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ted_Jackson2112
  • We would probably need to see some code.
  • Can't you convert your y values to more reasonable units?
  • What is your definition of "flips"? Both pictures show the y axis increasing vertically. No flip.

@Ted_Jackson2112 wrote:

I have an XY graph whose Y range up/down sense changes when the Y max is changed and the previous Y max becomes the Y min.

Well, that's how you programmed it, so fix the code. This is not the default behavior. You have full control of ymin an ymax at any time, so take advantage of that.

If you are operating cursors when the axes change inadvertently, also make sure to disable "cursors scroll graph"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,018 Views)

You're right. It wasn't flipping.  It was shifting, dragging the Y min such that the total range remained the same when I changed the Y max.  And you have the fix that works.  The Y values were too 'unreasonable'.  I scaled them by a factor of 10^12 and that appears to have fixed the problem.  Thanks much.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(993 Views)