LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY Graph or Waveform Graph

Dear all,

I am in a bit confusion in choosing between XY Graph and Waveform Graph to plot my data.

Here is the Scenario:

i am receiving data for 24 channels(400 samples each) from my H/W. so the X scale of the Graph is 0-399. 

Now once i have captured all the data, i might want to change the Sweep speed of a particular waveform.

Sweep is like Zooming in or Zooming out. Say if i captured the data at sweep speed = 2. Now i want to view it at 4, means, i want to Zoom Out. Now that means that i want to view my 400 samples on First 200 samples of the Graph. If earlier the X difference b/w points was 1. not it'll be 0.5.

Waveform Graph has the property wherein i can make a cluster of Initial X, delta x and the waveform. Problem is it'll take delta x for all the plots on the graph and wont work if i want to change delta x of just 1 plot.

In XY Graph, i can give X and Y values for independent plots. So, it can workout my problem.

But giving X and Y values is a bit tedious job. 

I want to know is there any way i can use Waveform Graph to plot my data and can change sweep speed of just 1 plot without doing much of coding, or is XY Graph the only solution to my Problem ?? 

Ritesh 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,183 Views)
XY Graph will suits good for ur application.u want to change the dt of the data if u want to reduce your dt from 1 to .5 then divide ur Xaxis data by 2.In waveform graph u ant change the individual plot Xscale values.
Balaji PK (CLA)
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved.
Message 2 of 3
(4,135 Views)

Hi,

You should be using XY graph for your application.

untitled.JPG

.......^___________________^
....../ '---_BOT ____________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3